Wave Propagation Pattern

Forums Forums General Discussions Wave Propagation Pattern

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Greg Pitner 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hunter Gipson
    Community Member
    • ★★★★

I am using RFM2100-ARF temperature sensors. Is there any information available about the wave propagation pattern for these sensors? If so do these sensors send waves in all directions?

Greg Pitner
    RFMicron Team Member
    • ★★★★

The antenna on the 2100-AFR is essentially a dipole with its axis being the long side of the tag. You can get a pretty good sense of the radiation pattern by Googling “dipole antenna radiation”. But to put it in words, if you draw an imaginary line between the tag and the reader antenna, the tag radiation pattern is favorable when the line is perpendicular to the tag axis, poor if the line is parallel to the axis, and in between otherwise. The tag is linearly polarized along its axis, so obviously that matters a lot if your reader antenna is also linear. Also, just to clarify, the RFM2100-AFR is a moisture sensor and does not support temperature.

1+

Hunter Gipson
    Community Member
    • ★★★★

I was mistaken I am using the 3200-AFR sensor. Do these sensors have the same dipole antenna characteristics?

Greg Pitner
    RFMicron Team Member
    • ★★★★

Yes, those two tags have very similar radiation patterns.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.