Forums Forums General Discussions Temperature measurments on rotating parts

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cochard
    Community Member
    • ★★★★

Hello,
    I am Mike
    I would like to measure surface temperatures on large rotating devices with sensor tags RFM3250 glued around the rotating part. I have the following questions regarding this application:
    1. What is the typical throughput response time of the tag? The available time to read each device is about 20 ms
    2. Since I will have several tags around the rotating parts I assume that each tag has its own address. I need up to 64 addresses.
    3. What kind of reader shall we use or do you have a specific firmware.
    Thanks for your kind response
    Micke

RFMicron
    RFMicron Ambassador
    • ★★★★

Thanks for the questions, Mike. We have provided answers to your questions below:

1. An average single read-time is 3 ms long. In certain cases, the radio transmitter may need to reconfigure its power, which can take approximately 500 ms to adjust. However, once the radio is configured, the sensor can be read every 3 ms.

2. Yes, each sensor has a unique ID that cannot be changed. Each sensor also has a programmable fast-read ID area that can vary in length.

3. Regarding readers, please see the following link, which addresses this question: http://community.rfmicron.com/forums/topic/which-readers-work-with-rfmicrons-sensor-tags/ . Also, I encourage you to review our application note titled “Reading Magnus-S Sensors”, which can be downloaded by clicking HERE.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Cochard
    Community Member
    • ★★★★

Thanks for the response, admin.

I assume that 3 ms is the time needed to read the temperature value. More precisely, the time including the reading request to full response from the tag.

Thanks

RFMicron
    RFMicron Ambassador
    • ★★★★

You are correct. The 3 ms is the full time to communicate with the sensor, including the reading request and response from the tag.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.