Forums Forums General Discussions RFM2100-AER (Moisture) define memory address

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Baggs 1 day, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

IU
    Community Member
    • ★★★★

Hi everyone,

What is the define memory address of  RFM2100-AER (Moisture), which can be use in custom command file to read the integer numbers or Sensor code.

Many thanks

Greg Pitner
    RFMicron Team Member
    • ★★★★

Hi Ullah,

The memory location of the Sensor Code in an RFM2100 tag is the Reserved bank, word 11 (decimal).

1+

IU
    Community Member
    • ★★★★

Dear Greg,

Thank you for the your reply.

I have checked the RFMicron Application Note AN002F38 but i did not understand that how to get the memory location of the sensor code in an RFM2100 Tag? Could you please explain in a bit more detail?

Many thanks

Greg Pitner
    RFMicron Team Member
    • ★★★★

Hi Ullah,

Basically, your reader needs to be programmed to read that memory location. We sell readers with software which reads the Sensor Code, or you can write your own program for your reader. The details of reader programming depend on the reader, but you can look at the sample code in note AN002 to get a sense for what is involved.

dhruv
    Community Member
    • ★★★★

Dear Greg,

I am trying to read the info from the moisture sensor RFM-2100-AFR. The reader detects the sensor but it doesn’t read and display the data in the reading specific zone in tag access tab from the demo software. When I select the start address as zero for memory bank, the maximum length that it shows I can select is 4. therefore I am not able to access the 11th word where the data is stored. Please advice how to read the data so I can send it to Arduino board.

Thanks,

Dhruv

Gabe Seitz
    Community Member
    • ★★★★

Hi Dhruv,

We have a set of sample code available at: https://github.com/Axzon/reader-sample-code

Currently, only ThingMagic samples are available. Which reader are you trying to use?

Best,

Gabe

Baggs
    Community Member
    • ★★★★

I have started evaluating our new order of RFM2100-AFR moisture sensor tags (first time using an Axzon product).  I am reading with a ThingMagic M6E-NANO Arduino Shield, and with code, I could not detect a change in Bank 0 address “0x0B” (11d) when moisture was placed on the sensor tag.  So as a sanity check, I used the Jadak URA application and get the same results (circled red)…the value of Bank 0 address “0x0B” (11d) always stays at “0x00” when the sensor tag is either dry or wet. All the rest of the functionality appears to be working without issue.  The tag model is 402 (highlighted yellow in Bank 2 TID) and I’ve written to both the Bank 1 EPC as well as Bank 3 User Memory.  The RSSI is -50dBm.

So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    George

JADAK URA screen  capture

Baggs
    Community Member
    • ★★★★

Whoops…my post above indicated value at Bank 0 address “0x0C” (12d) instead of Bank 0 address “0x0B” (11d)…now correctly indicated below.

All 25 RFM2100-AFR tags return a sensor value of 00 at Bank 0 address “0x0B” (11d) in the dry state.  The RFM2100 PRODUCT BRIEF shows that a sensor value of 0 indicates the fully wet state.

Please provide some guidance.Jadak_URA_Capture_Bank-0

Gabe Seitz
    Community Member
    • ★★★★

Hi George,

If I’m understanding the URA screenshot correctly, then you’ve highlighted the contents of the two 16-bit registers at addresses 4 and 5.

I highly recommend starting from the sample code that we provide: https://github.com/Axzon/reader-sample-code

Best,
    Gabe

1+

Baggs
    Community Member
    • ★★★★

Gabe,

Thanks…I’ll check out the sample code.

George

Baggs
    Community Member
    • ★★★★

Gabe,

I am getting good moisture readings now using your sample code.  So the URA was only reading the first 4 words of Bank 0.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

George

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.