Maximum RFM 3250 temperature

Forums Forums General Discussions Maximum RFM 3250 temperature

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  RFMicron 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Daniel Aljadeff
    Community Member
    • ★★★★

I would like to know what the maximum temperature that the RFM3250 can survive and for how long. I don’t need the tag to be operational above 145C but I want it to be functional again when the temperature goes below 145C.

In principle, I would like the tag to withstand 200C for several hours.

Thanks,
    Dani

RFMicron
    RFMicron Ambassador
    • ★★★★

Dani, Thanks for the question.

The normal operating range of RFM’s sensors is between -40°C to +85°C. This is based on the design rules from the semiconductor foundry. Although RFMicron cannot guarantee sensor operation beyond this temperature range, we have conducted limited high temperature experiments of up to 145°C for short time-periods.

At these elevated temperatures, RFMicron has observed a decreased read range to approximately 2 meters at 100°C and 1 meter at 145°C with degraded precision of 5° to 10° C at 145°C. The approximate error magnitude is expected to increase the further the environmental temperature is from the sensor’s calibration temperature, which is initially pre-set at 30°C.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.