Max water depth

Forums Forums Discussions Forum Max water depth

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin admin 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ivan
    Ivan
    Participant
    • ★★★★

Hello, my name is Ivan, new here.

I would like to use a water-resistant RFID sensor to read water or glycol-mixed water temperature at a depth of a few inches (the reader should stay out of water). I have seen RFM3250 Rugged Wireless Temperature Sensor:

Is this possible with this product? Do you have other suggestions?

What reader would you recommend?

Is it possible to read data directly on a cell-phone? If yes: is there an app for this?

Last thing: I would like to buy a few samples for testing.

Thanks in advance,

Ivan

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Keymaster
    • ★★★★

Thanks for your question, Ivan.

1. RFMicron’s temperature sensors will not operate when fully submerged in water or a water/glycol mixture, because the water will shield the sensor’s antenna and would prevent RF-communications between the reader and the sensor. If the RFMicron temperature sensor was mounted or attached to the outside of the fluid container, measuring temperature would be possible.

2. Additional information about readers that are compatible with RFMicron’s sensors is available by clicking HERE.

3. There are several industrial cell-phones that have RAIN-compliant reader capability, which can be used to read RFMicron’s sensors.

4. You can procure RFMicron sensor samples by clicking HERE.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.