Forums Forums General Discussions Material needed to start

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gabe Seitz 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Pedro Ramos
    Community Member
    • ★★★★

Good morning,
    I’m interested on the UHF RFID tags that you offer, but i have some questions about them.
    First of all, which is the difference between the RFM2100 Moisture sensor and RFM2120 Moisture sensor for healthcare ?

Second, i read that the chip present in your tags is able to tune the reactance at its port in order to compensate for a mismatch with the antenna, and then sends a 5 bit sensor code, corresponding to the amount of un-tunning in the antenna.
    – Is this right?
    – How can i parse the backscatter information to get the sensor data?
    – Do i need a particular reader or program?

My current setup is SparkFun Simultaneous RFID Reader – M6E Nano connected to an arduino, and a 6dB antenna.

Hope you can help me.
    Thank you.

Gabe Seitz
    Community Member
    • ★★★★

The RFM2100 and RFM2120 are based on the same RF chip but have different antenna designs which affects the read range and sensitivity to moisture. Please refer to the product briefs for more info.

Yes, the 5-bit sensor code indicates the amount of impedance the chip self-adjusted to match the tag’s antenna.

The M6e Nano is a compatible reader. There are code samples available at: https://github.com/Axzon/reader-sample-code

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.